Alison Hutchinson CBE
Alison Hutchinson CBE is the CEO of Pennies, an award-winning fintech charity making digital giving affordable, sustainable, and feel-good. Previously, Alison spent 15 years at IBM running a European consortium of banks, and leading the global business for eCommerce solutions for the financial services sector. She next joined Barclays Bank where she was the first CEO for a small digital subsidiary joint venture with Accenture, and latterly Marketing Director at Barclaycard. Prior to Pennies, Alison was Chief Executive of FTSE financial services company Kensington Group plc. She currently holds Non-Executive Director positions at Yorkshire Building Society, LV= and is the Senior Independent Director at DFS plc.
What is it about FinTech that you like the most?
- Re-centre on being truly consumer led and deliver faster, better solutions.
What do you envisage being the biggest development in FinTech in the next 5 years?
- Using FinTech for good through enabling millions of micro-donations which could raise up to £1bn for UK charities.
What do you enjoy doing in your time away from work?
- Family fun and games, fitness and the odd glass of wine!
What is the biggest change that you have witnessed in the sector over the past 12 months?
- Pace of engagement and partnerships between smaller FinTech start-ups and global businesses.
Who would be your top 3 dinner party guests and why?
- Mike Bushell – sports presenter as he tries so many extreme sports and doesn’t take himself too seriously.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill as I so admire her talents as a heptathlete and always seems so lovely.
- Prince Harry as I think he would be great company, lots of fun and have great chatter.