Partner, Blenheim Chalcot
Dan Cobley is a Partner at Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading digital venture builder. Dan joined in 2014 and is the managing partner for FinTech. Dan is a Trustee of The Technology Trust, a charity that helps other charities make the most of technology.
Before Blenheim Chalcot, Dan spent 8 years at Google, leading European Marketing and then as MD of the UK and Ireland business. And prior to that he ran European Marketing for Capital One.
Dan studied Physics at St John’s College Oxford, and Design, Manufacture and Management at Wolfson College, Cambridge.
What is it about FinTech that you like the most?
- The ability to provide better value, more convenient, more inclusive financial solutions to people and small businesses
What do you envisage being the biggest development in FinTech in the next 5 years?
- Increased use of data science.
- The development of the employer channel as a way for people to access great financial products.
What do you enjoy doing in your time away from work?
- Riding my bike
What is the biggest change that you have witnessed in the sector over the past 12 months?
- The increasing realisation that lending money is easy. Getting paid back is the harder bit.
Who would be your top 3 dinner party guests and why?
- My wife and two sons. Now my sons are both at university having them home is a real treat.