Founder, Cameo Works
An influential leader in financial services, Deanna has also been a trailblazer for women in tech, serving as senior advisor, investor, and board member to industry disruptors and firms that are changing the business landscape through technology.
Currently, Deanna serves as senior advisor to Bain & Co’s financial services and digital practice and to consulting firm West Monroe Partners’ technology practice. She was an early-stage investor in Remitly and Vettd as well as identity verification and fraud-prevention tech.
Past advisory roles included Volometrix (acquired by Microsoft Business Analytics), Finsphere (recently partnered with Visa), Monitise, Expedia, UST Global and Athemis.
What is it about FinTech that you like the most?
- The opportunity to disrupt the status quo
What do you envisage being the biggest development in FinTech in the next 5 years?
- Artificial intelligence
What do you enjoy doing in your time away from work?
- Water skiing
What is the biggest change that you have witnessed in the sector over the past 12 months?
- Better collaboration with legacy players
Who would be your top 3 dinner party guests and why?
- Both set of parents (my own and my in-laws): so they can see that we are happy and thriving.
- Queen Victoria: At such an early age as well as lack of a formal education makes what she accomplished for the country all the more astounding.
- Nelson Mandela: he overcame unbelievable odds, coupled with soul-robbing circumstances, yet accomplished so much with grace and dignity, that his story is very compelling to me.