Co-Founder, VP Strategic Partners & Corporate Development, Currencycloud
Steve has worked in Foreign exchange and international payments, pretty much forever, and participated in the first FinTech movement of the late 90s as a founding team member of HiFX which was acquired by Euronet.
As a Co-founder of Currencycloud, Steve runs the Strategic Partnerships team at Currencycloud and responsible for building key industry relationships and general corporate development.
The product-lead revolution has tipped him over the edge and he’s now a fully paid up fintech geek. Steve also acts as NED and advisor to a number of smaller fintechs and mentors for Techstars, and is of the opinion that payments has never been so exciting – and that APIs are changing the world.
What is it about FinTech that you like the most?
- Anything is possible with the use of technology. The user is now fully in control and finally financial services are being democratised
What do you envisage being the biggest development in FinTech in the next 5 years?
- More streamlined processes, more transparency, more collaboration between specialist organisations and better whole products and services for users
What do you enjoy doing in your time away from work?
- Keen amateur photographer and motorsport fan. Also a keen mountain biker although time is now at a premium with a 3 month old daughter.
What is the biggest change that you have witnessed in the sector over the past 12 months?
- Massive increase in acceptance of collaboration
Who would be your top 3 dinner party guests and why?
- An unashamed cliche but Steve Jobs, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos – because they never let current circumstances, technology or capabilities get in the way of executing on their visions. All three distort reality and bend (or bent in Jobs’ case) the universe to their will – and made huge differences for the better. I just think the conversation would be fascinating – even if it was just as a spectator!