Innovate Finance Opens Submissions For Women in FinTech Powerlist
- The 2018 Women in FinTech Powerlist is now open for submissions
- The new Powerlist will shine a spotlight on 150 women across 7 categories
- Introduction of an independent judging panel to choose the ‘Standout 35’: women who have who have made a real impact over and above their day-to-day role in the FinTech ecosystem November 14th 2018, London, UK: Innovate Finance, the UK membership organisation that represents global FinTech, today announced the opening for submissions to its Women FinTech Powerlist 2018.
Innovate Finance’s Women in FinTech Powerlist is now 5 years old and was designed to celebrate the achievements and talent of women across the FinTech ecosystem and showcase its role models.
The FinTech space has grown significantly since the launch of the Powerlist in 2015, yet structural issues remain. According to a recent Tech Nation Report (2018), only 19% of the digital tech workforce is female, compared to 49% across all UK jobs. This number is slightly better in FinTech with the EY and Innovate Finance UK FinTech Census* (2017) indicating women represent just 29% of staff in the FinTech space.
Innovate Finance remains committed to highlighting the crucial role that women play in the innovation and evolution of financial services. The 2018 list will shine a spotlight on 150 women across 7 categories who have made a real impact over and above their day-to-day role within the FinTech space.
The categories for the Powerlist are:
- Senior Leaders (CEOs, CFOs, Founders and Executive Team Members)
- Rising Stars (Returnees, Young Professionals and FinTech Newbies)
- Investors (VCs, Angel Investors and Accelerators)
- Professional Services and Consultants (HR & Recruitment Specialists, Legal and Accountancy)
- Technology Professionals (IT Specialists, Developers and Engineers)
- Marketers and Communicators (In-house PRs, Media, Communication and Marketing Specialists)
- Policy Makers and Regulatory Experts (Government, Regulators, Policy Advisors and Compliance Professionals) We will also call upon a panel of independent judges to choose the Standout 35: women who have made a significant difference across FinTech’s many facets.
The launch of the Powerlist application process is part of Innovate Finance’s Diversity Programme, launched in October with a wide range of Women in FinTech initiatives for 2018/19.
Charlotte Crosswell, CEO of Innovate Finance said:
“Promoting diversity and inclusion are priorities for Innovate Finance and we are delighted to open submissions to our revamped Powerlist 2018. The FinTech space has grown significantly since our first Powerlist was published five years ago, but it is still essential to highlight the crucial role that women play in the innovation and evolution of financial services. We are confident that it will provide some exceptional role-models to inspire a new generation of women considering a career in FinTech in the years to come.”
The Powerlist will be published in early Spring 2019.
Innovate Finance is an independent membership association that represents the UK’s global FinTech community. Founded in 2014 and supported by the City of London and Broadgate, Innovate Finance is a not-for-profit that advances the country’s leading position in the financial services sector by supporting the next generation of technology-led financial services innovators.
More than 250 global members have joined the Innovate Finance ecosystem to date. These companies range from seed stage startups to global financial institutions and professional services firms. All benefit from Innovate Finance’s leading position as a single point of access to promote enabling policy and regulation, talent development, and business opportunity and investment capital.
By bringing together the most forward-thinking participants in financial services, Innovate Finance is helping create a global financial services sector that is more sustainable, more inclusive and better for everyone.
Contacts for more information:
Head of Communications & Diversity
Tel: +44 (0)7796 262976