Customer Solutions Engineer
Customer Solutions Engineer
Location: Remote in the US
This position can be based remotely in TX, TN, KY, OH, FL, VA, NC, SC, GA, PA, or MA (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilizing OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About the Role
Our team is growing and we are looking for a seasoned Customer Solutions Engineer to join us! In this role, you will assist in facilitating the adoption of our growing product offering. Working closely with OpenFin’s Sales, Engineering, Product and Customer Success teams to ensure our clients are achieving successful implementations. Through your collaborative interactions with our teams and clients, you’ll have an active role in shaping our customer’s experience from start to finish. Your influence and thoughtful technical expertise will assist customers (from developers to senior management), in demonstrating OpenFin capabilities, while providing direction on how other industry leaders are approaching similar implementations. Through your efforts, you will help establish OpenFin as the leading web-based platform for the financial desktop.
- Technical know-how: Collaborate with our Sales team to demonstrate OpenFin’s core API capabilities and product offerings in sessions with prospective customers. In these meetings, you’ll assist in answering technical questions associated with a customer’s technology stack and explain how OpenFin ties into their business workflows.
- Proof of Concepts: Work closely with customer engineering teams to guide and advance their POCs by defining scope, objectives, milestones and facilitating them to completion.
- Content Creation: Develop reusable tutorials and examples that address common OpenFin implementations at scale.
- Generate “Getting Started” materials for teams who are just becoming familiar with OpenFin.
- Create developer documentation referencing OpenFin & Web best practices and thoughtful integration approaches.
- Onboarding: Work with customer teams to facilitate rapid uptake of OpenFin through tools and materials for teams just beginning their implementation projects. You’ll perform regular check-ins with those teams, host training sessions and provide assistance where necessary.
- Product Scope: You will elicit and collect feedback from customers as well as insight on our products. You’ll work with us to use that info to assist internal teams. This process will help shape the creation of new OpenFin products and APIs.
- Superior Communication: Maintain excellent customer facing verbal and written communication skills and route information, to expedite critical needs for existing customers and prospective customers.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of seven plus years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience in any of the following would be preferred and beneficial: Electron, PWAs, .NET & Java.
- Experience working with OpenFin products and/or relevant tooling in Financial Services is a huge plus.
- A genuine passion for assisting others with technical implementations, across a range of technology solutions.
- An interest in web development and technology and how new standards can help build richer applications.
- Must be comfortable navigating competing demands for concurrent projects and willing to take a lead role on ensuring delivery of priorities.
- Experienced in building, integrating and supporting large single page applications
- Excellent communication skills, along with being comfortable presenting to a range of different audiences.
- You are excited about an opportunity that challenges you to be disciplined and responsive in a customer focused and context shifting environment.
What We’re Offering
Time to Rejuvenate - 20 days of paid time off, in addition to 12 paid holidays each calendar year
Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
Medical/Dental & Vision - Competitive plans, offering up to 90% coverage and a variety to choose from, so you can pick the plan that’s right for you
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Short and Long Term Disability
Additional Perks -
- One Medical - Free membership, which provides same-day or next-day medical appointments
- Talkspace - One year membership, which provides mental health therapy 24/7
- Commuter benefits - Contribute pre-taxed dollars towards your commuting expenses (NYC employees only)
- Citibike - One year membership, which allows an unlimited amount of 45-minute bike rides for a full year (NYC employees only)
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding and supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. We value and appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests and experiences. Getting to know each other and forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours and virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive and enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast and working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
RECRUITERS NOTICE: Recruiters - if you wish to reach out to us regarding this job posting, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your communication to be reviewed. OpenFin will review these communications if external help is needed for a position. Agencies may not contact individuals within our organization with solicitations. Firms that do not follow these guidelines risk having all communication from their firm being blocked. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our process.