We want to help aspiring homeowners take their first steps towards homeownership. You dutifully save your deposit and watch property prices creep ever further away. Meanwhile, you can’t settle in a home where control is in your landlord’s hands.
At Wayhome we are reinventing home ownership by co-investing with people who haven’t been able to buy a home yet. We’re a small team of Engineers, Property Specialists, Data Scientists and Creatives, who are addressing one of the biggest and most life-changing problems our customers have: namely, how can they get the security and freedom of home ownership for their families and for themselves.
The data team is certainly one of our smaller departments but one which delivers high impact. The team gets together once a week and reviewing a research paper to discuss (and debate) has become somewhat of a tradition. We also have a love of fountain pens and welcome opinions on mechanical keyboards!
As our Data Scientist, you’ll create models and analytics to help scale our business. Reporting to our Lead Data Scientist, you’ll help us with the following:
- Build our capability to deliver an automated service
- Help build our analytics tools
- Design, develop and test data-driven products and features
- Create and design training data sets, working with our colleagues and partners
- Answer questions about our business, customers and markets
You’re big on analytics and a problem-solver at heart. You’ll have experience in data science, a passion for all things tech and happy to go the extra mile while knowing when it’s time to chill. It would be nice if you’re clued-up on the following:
- Python — numerical computing and visualisation
- Google Cloud Platform
- Machine learning libraries, techniques and services
- Flask for API
What we offer you
- Salary between £70, 000 to £80,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Standing desks and wellness rooms.
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also Free.
- Annual training budget to help you grow.
- Free team lunch on Fridays.
- Beer and cider taps. We’re in a Wework.
- Unlimited holidays. A minimum of 28 days.
Apply today and start your next adventure with Wayhome.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wayhome.co.uk.