Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We’re looking for a passionate and skilled marketing professional to join the Content & Comms team as our marketing & comms lead.
Supported by our Comms & Engagement Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the overall delivery of our marketing, comms and event plans across our key target segments: large advice firms and adviser consolidators; advicetechs; and established fintechs.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the financial planning market, as well a clear passion for the role that fintech and emerging technologies can play in its disruption.
You will be accountable for…
- Marketing delivery: supporting Seccl’s go-to-market strategy by managing the delivery of segment-specific marketing, comms and event plans – ensuring activity is delivered on time and on budget (and providing first-line content review)
- Account-based marketing: working closely with our growth leads to identify ideal prospects and devise targeted activity to initiate or support sales conversations
- Campaign planning: developing and managing integrated, content-driven campaigns – either to support brand, segment or product marketing activity
- Product marketing: liaising with our product and customer teams, and directly with customers themselves, to shape product messaging and comms for technical features
- Agency management: managing external agencies to ensure the delivery of high-quality marketing and communications materials
- Insight and optimisation: working with our digital marketing manager to analyse performance, measure ROI and guide future tactical planning – and monitor the effectiveness of our inbound lead generation/scoring
- Market analysis: Monitoring market and media trends to support campaign development and ensure marketing and communications efforts remain relevant and effective
This role is for you if:
- You are dynamic and thrive on managing activity across multiple channels. We serve a number of very different segments, from new-to-market fintechs to established £multi-billion advisers – you’ll enjoy the variety and challenge that this brings
- You have a broad marcomms mindset. You understand the power of content in driving effective marketing activity – and see communications as a core function, not an add-on
- You’re delivery focused. You like to see tasks through to completion, with a diligent eye for detail, a respect for deadlines, but a healthy pragmatism that makes you adaptable to fast-changing priorities. You’re also willing to get your hands dirty in day-to-day delivery when necessary
- You know our sector. You understand the financial planning market, but are passionate about how technology can disrupt it.
- You want to be bold and different. We’re a fast-growth up-start in a sector dominated by large incumbents. Ours is a punchy ambition that requires a distinctive edge to our content and comms. If that creativity excites you, then great!
This role isn’t for you if:
- You rely on a lot of top-down direction. Here, you’ll have a lot of freedom and ownership of your role, and you’ll be expected to shape your own progression
- You’re not comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Our speed and scalability is what set us apart; you need to be able to act quickly and think on your feet
- You struggle to follow through on your ideas. We value people who do what they say they will. If you care about something, you have the freedom here to make it happen
- You don’t like change. You’ll get on great here if you relish the ambiguity of rapid growth and are willing to embrace uncertainty
The interview process
Our interview process for this role involves two main stages:
- First-stage interview with our Head of Content & Comms and Chief People Officer (60 minutes) via Microsoft Teams
- Second-stage presentation (topic to be confirmed) and panel interview. This stage will involve additional members of Seccl’s content & comms team.
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses