Sales Director, Origination
Sales Director, Origination
Location: London or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in London and this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes and democratizes app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilizing OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About the Role
We are hiring for a seasoned Sales Director, Origination to join our growing UK Sales team! Sales Directors (SD’s) within the Origination Group are responsible for expanding OpenFin’s footprint across multiple industries. The SD will work to build new relationships and penetrate firms and vertices with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged. Driving adoption of the OpenFin technology across new vertices and increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial success will be achieved by building and maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, and developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets. SD’s will also represent the company at industry events and assist with lead generation strategies.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of previous experience in generating & closing significant deals. Preferably with a substantial amount of time dedicated to enterprise SaaS/software/technology business sales, within the financial services market, while being well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. Experience selling to banks & asset managers along with a strong network is helpful.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects and initiating effective contact
- Building and progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities and navigating the complete sales cycle
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFin’s product and underlying technology and an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business and technology stakeholders
What We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record closing six figure enterprise deals (seven figure deals experience is a plus/desired but not required)
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Excellent technical aptitude and the ability to understand OpenFin product offerings and position products against competitors
- A genuine enthusiasm and interest in both technology and OpenFin’s product
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
What We’re Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 25 days of paid time off, in addition to 8 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical Insurance - A group medical insurance plan with Vitality which includes a personal health fund, medical/dental treatment, mental health and advanced cancer coverage
- Parental Leave and Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- Access to the Vitality GP App - Schedule virtual GP consultations and receive referrals
- Vitality Plus Benefits - 50% off select gym memberships, 50% off running shoes and bikes, free 30-minute health checks, Apple Watch discounts, etc.
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Snacks, and Beer on Tap
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding and supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. We value and appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests and experiences. Getting to know each other and forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours and virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive and enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast and working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
RECRUITERS NOTICE: Recruiters - if you wish to reach out to us regarding this job posting, you may reach out to email@example.com in order for your communication to be reviewed. OpenFin will review these communications if external help is needed for a position. Agencies may not contact individuals within our organization with solicitations. Firms that do not follow these guidelines risk having all communication from their firm being blocked. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our process.