PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee and Cellular Goods with it’s new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation’s Fintech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury’s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to be a key member of Engineering as we continue to expand.
What are we looking for and what’s interesting?
- You’ve been an engineer for a few years now. You have been through a few promotion cycles as a reward for the commitment you’ve shown and the quality you’ve delivered. Along the way you’ve managed small to medium teams but you want something a bit more challenging. Somewhere where your growth won’t be limited by the company you work for.
- You are a specialist front end or back end engineer but have a passion for tech in general and are willing to get involved where needed to deliver. You’re happy building and fine tuning development environments. You can guide others on tooling.
- You have an interest in the overall platform, how it hangs together, finding ways to improve by collaborating with others.
- You are a team player. Your ideas are important, but assimilating those into the team and platform are even more so. You see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs. You want to give your best and get the best out of people.
- We are a start up. You need to be comfortable with that. We work hard. We adapt to the markets arounds us while shaping their future. We are changing finance with technology. The work you do will be highly visible inside the company and almost certainly externally. There is a very short feedback loop and while extremely rewarding it is challenging. Everyone will want you to succeed.
- We have production systems and you will share the responsibility of keeping them stable. This is your system. You take pride in it. You will constantly be looking at ways to improve anything within engineering and outside of it.
- Attention to detail. We are a financial technology company. Things have to work. You value getting things right and go above and beyond to make sure they do. Challenge the requirements, assess the impact beyond your immediate responsibility, make sure we have the right level of repeatable tests. Automate. Monitor. Share.
- Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment where you will challenge and be challenged. You will be expected to present your proposals via collaborative documents and engage in healthy discussion around it. Where decisions are far reaching you are expected to find the right balance between stability and innovation. You will have a level of autonomy but you need to consider how those choices you make affect the overall team and platform.
- Technology is a passion of yours. You are constantly learning and improving. Bringing forward new ideas and technology for consideration.
- You get stuff done.
Nice to have:
- If you’ve worked in finance or FinTech then great but if not we’re happy for you to learn. It’s pretty interesting changing the finance world.
- If you have experience working in a high-growth scale-up environment this would be super useful. We are growing fast and learning how to do that effectively every day
- Deploy – mainly container based using EKS on AWS but with some EC2 and some spreadsheets. Kubernetes experience would be nice.
- Local development environments are a mix of Docker Compose and KIND with a move towards the latter – if you have experience making engineers more efficient then you will be loved. Tilt.
- We have a mix of React and Vue. The UI library isn’t imposed – we’re learning and adapting. Next, Nuxt etc. Mix of NestJS and Express.
- Experience building REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience with building and managing pipelines across any CI/CD platform
- Microservices all the way but like everyone else we’re discovering how best to do that (and not) all the time.
- We’re mainly NodeJS but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some change in this space in the medium term. We will definitely be doing more Python as we grow the data platform.
- We’re using a mix of MongoDB and MySQL in the main platform. Internally we’re exploring other options, particularly in the data platform space.
- The mobile app currently runs on React Native/MOBX with native where needed.
- You’ll be given a choice of Mac or Linux box
- We’re interested in event driven architectures and learning how to leverage that. Experience in this area would be valuable.
- We’re building for scale at a world level for both load and geo. If you’ve been there it will be really useful.
- Other tooling includes Sentry, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket (-> GitLab), HubSpot, Mailchimp/Mandrill
- Technical security knowledge would be well received
What would you get?
- Play a key role in the Engineering team of a highly-funded FinTech
- High potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- Private Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company laptop – choice Dell (Linux) or Apple device
- Offices in the heart of Mayfair
Applying via Email
Email your resume to email@example.com
We, PrimaryBid, celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and marital status, race or religion. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, training, discipline or discharge. PrimaryBid will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.”
To apply for this job please visit primarybid.com .