Events Associate (maternity cover)
This is a full-time role (Mon – Fri, 9am – 6pm) based in Liverpool Street, London. It will act as maternity cover for a minimum of 6 months, with potential to becoming a full time position. We are looking for an entry-level, junior events graduate or junior events professional.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts to ensure successful delivery of all it’s events, including their flagship annual Global Summit which attracts over 2,000 attendees over 2 days in the heart of the City. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about the exciting sector and event planning.
The role offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills. Working closely with the Head of Events, the successful candidate will help deliver all logistic and operational elements for over 40 internal & external events ranging from a 10 person round table, 200 person workshop and a 2500 person summit.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring calendar of events is kept up-to-date on all platforms.
- Maintaining events section on company website.
- Managing RSVP’s & invites for internal events.
- Venue finding and liaison & organising catering, photography, print materials and AV where required.
- Managing incoming delegate enquiries.
- Working with the membership, marketing, PR and communications teams to ensure smooth delivery of all events.
- Preparing event briefs and running orders where necessary.
- Assisting with the organisation of staff parties and internal offsite meetings.
- On-site delivery at event including being the main point of contact for partners / sponsors and Innovate Finance team.
- Post-event mailings to attendees, survey compilation and attendance recording.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
- Good knowledge of London and UK venues ideal.
- Time-management, communication and self-motivation skills essential.
- Experience of stakeholder liaison.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and experience of google docs preferred.
- Experience of budget management.
- Able to work both in a team and independently.
- Experience of Survey Monkey, Eventbrite, Salesforce, Mailchimp & Social Media platforms preferred but not essential.
Please provide a CV when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org