The Open Banking, Open Finance and Open Payments community will come together in London at Open Banking Expo UK
The Open Banking, Open Finance and Open Payments community will come together in London at Open Banking Expo UK on 20 October
London (UK), 15 September 2022 - Open Banking Expo, the largest global community of Open Banking, Open Finance and Open Payments executives, will bring together this October more than 650 of the UK’s leading innovators, disruptors, and visionaries at Open Banking Expo UK.
On 20 October over 100 show-stopping speakers from across the breadth of the financial services and fintech ecosystem will power a nine-stage-strong agenda to help spark collaboration, boost innovation and solidify success.
Headlined by Token for the second year in a row, this year’s event will put a spotlight on some of the most pressing issues and the hottest industry developments, including variable recurring payments and what the transition from Open Banking to Open Data may look like.
This year’s Main Stage will be chaired by Pay.UK’s Standards Transformation Lead, Simon Lyons. The event will also feature an Impact Stage, a Payments Stage, a stage for SME Finance, one for Open Data and many more.
With more exhibitors than ever before, a notable new addition for this year is the brand-new Bavarian Village for networking by day followed by an Oktoberfest-themed after party.
Todd Clyde, CEO of Token, said:
“We are thrilled that Token is the Headline Partner of the UK’s largest Open Banking and Open Finance event for the second year running. Our team is ready and excited to connect with our partners and peers as we drive industry conversations forward, particularly around developments like Variable Recurring Payments. Entering its fifth year, Open Banking Expo continues to deliver on its promise of bringing together the Who’s Who of the UK’s Open Banking and Finance communities. The future of finance in the United Kingdom and Europe is open — and it all starts here.”
Adam Cox, co-founder of Open Banking Expo, said:
“As the industry anticipates change in the governance of Open Banking in the UK, this year’s Expo provides the perfect platform for bringing together the Open Banking and Open Finance community in Europe and the UK to celebrate how far we have come on the implementation journey and to explore what the next chapter will look like. Furthermore, as the world of Open Banking payments has seen an enormous uptake in recent months, we’re delighted to welcome first adopters to share their insights as the market continues to grow.”
First adopters and speakers include:
- Nick Pederson, Managing Director, Global Head of Digital, NatWest Group
- Robert White, Head of Payments, Santander
- Paul Staples, Global Head of Banking as a Service and Embedded Finance Proposition, HSBC
- Harcus Copper, Head of Integration and Information Services, Barclays
- Wasim Mushtaq, Transformation Lead - Financial Markets, Standard Chartered
Challenger & international banks / alternative & business lenders / SME finance
- Tony McLaughlin, Head of Emerging Payments and Business Development, Citi
- Helen Bierton, Chief Banking Officer, Starling Bank
- Mark Akerman, Chief Transformation & Technology Officer, Tandem
Credit cards & payments
- Hakan Eroglu, Global Open Banking & Open Data Practice Lead, Mastercard
- Holly Coventry, Vice President International Open Banking Payments, Amex
- Duncan Barrigan, Chief Product Officer, GoCardless
- Mike Chambers, former Chief Executive Officer, Bacs
- Rolands Mesters, Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder, Nordigen
- Jamie Leach, Domain Lead for Regulated Data, Cuscal
- Louisa Murray, Chief Operating Officer, Railsr
- Lawrence Byers, Product Manager, Acquired.com
Policy, regulation and industry bodies
- Paul Roe, Head of Department, Payments Supervision, FCA
- Emma Lindley, Payment Systems Regulator
- Chris Curry, Director of Pensions Policy Institute, Money & Pensions Service
- Charlotte Crosswell, Chair and Trustee, Open Banking Implementation Entity
- Jane Hunt, Minister for Small Business, Consumer & Labour Markets, HM Government
The agenda is now live. Open Banking Expo was among finalists for ‘Best Covid-19 response Bounceback’ and ‘Best Event of the Year’ at the 2022 Conference Awards. It was also crowned ‘Best Conference Series’ in 2020 for its exceptional and engaging industry events in the UK, Europe and Canada.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- The full list of speakers is available here.
- A press room will be open for journalists on the day. If you would like to attend the event, please email Lille Cook on firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Visit the event website for agenda.
- Download Open Banking Expo’s new logo.
- For more information please contact: email@example.com or visit www.openbankingexpo.com
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter; #OBExpo🇬🇧
About Open Banking Expo
Open Banking Expo is a global community of Open Banking and Open Finance executives responsible for digital transformation across the financial services sector. The brand organises face-to-face and virtual events for the UK, North American and European markets in addition to regular webcasts, podcasts and TV episodes. Open Banking Expo hosts an online news resource dedicated to Open Banking, Open Finance, payments and broader fintech. It also hosts the Open Banking Expo Hub, a directory of organisations powering Open Finance and transition to Open Data. For more information visit www.openbankingexpo.com.
Contact: Adam Cox, co-founder
T: +44 (0)20 7993 5159
Token is an open banking payments platform driving the shift from card to bank payments with best-in-class, Pan-European bank connectivity, data and compliance capabilities. With Token's toolkit, the best and brightest merchants, PSP's and banks create new capabilities and revenue streams through our broadest, Pan-European connectivity to banks. Token is both bank and developer-friendly, and multi-standard by design.
Contact: Todd Clyde
T: +44 (0) 7305 780365