About the Capital and Investment Programme
We understand that access to capital is a crucial aspect for any growing company. Opportunity and insight seem to be everywhere, but it is often difficult to cut through the noise and gain real value. Through our Investment Programme Innovate Finance is opening up access to capital for our FinTech members, providing connections to the venture community and delivering insight with out seminal UK Investment Landscape reports. The programme runs throughout the year and provides ongoing insights and events such as speed-dating between startups and investors.
FinTech Investment Landscape
Innovate Finance’s FinTech Investment Landscape features data-driven insights on the global FinTech sector. We explore the the latest investment trends, top deals, geography and regional rankings, corporate activity, alongside other data to provide an overview capital flowing into the sector. The report also features a spotlight on Europe and the United Kingdom, reviewing the highlights and trends emerging from the FinTech ecosystem in 2019.
Highlights of the report include:
- Global investment in FinTech decreased 28% in 2019 to $35.7 billion, dragged down by a sharp fall in funding to Chinese FinTechs.
- The United States led global FinTech investment with $16.3 billion across 1,095 deals in 2019, nearly a quarter increase (23%) from 2018.
- The United Kingdom ranked second in 2019 with $4.9 billion of investment (up 38% on 2018) across 359 deals (down 9%).
- FinTech investment in China slumped 93%, from $26.0 billion in 2018 to $1.8 billion in 2019.
- The largest five deals globally were Paytm ($1.7 billion, India), Greensill Capital ($800 million, UK), Chime ($500 million, USA), SoFi ($500 million, USA) and Mission Lane ($500 million, USA).
Research profiling the FinTech industry and investment trends.
Watch this space for regular events aimed at helping FinTechs connect with the investment community.
Innovate Finance members get access to exclusive events, click below to find out more