Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK) in partnership with Innovate Finance will explore how Open Banking provides an opportunity to radically disrupt the current banking system in Hong Kong through a discussion involving leading players in the space who will share their experience on how they are leveraging Open Banking to drive innovation, significantly improve competition and consumer outcomes.
Open Banking has the potential to fundamentally change the financial services landscape in the years to come and be a force for good, which promotes financial inclusion and widens access to better and more affordable financial services for everyone. Since its launch, Open Banking has led to a wave of new innovations in the UK banking market and the model is now rapidly being replicated in other parts of the world.
However, it also poses a number of challenges, such as how to ensure privacy and security whilst also making the services convenient for consumers and how do we overcome barriers to trust and maximise adoption to ensure Open Banking achieves its full potential.
- Moderator: Jeff Tijssen, Expert Partner & Global Head of Fintech, Bain & Company
- Dr Bill Roberts, Head of Open Banking – Competition & Markets Authority
- Gary Lau, ED & Head, Digital Services and Open Banking, Standard Chartered Bank
- Keith Grose, Head of UK, Plaid
- Francesco Simeneschi, CEO & Co-Founder, TrueLayer
- King Leung, Head of FinTech, InvestHK
- Daniel Globerson, Head of Open Banking, NatWest Bank