CEO, Novastone Media Ltd.
Douglas has been building, mentoring and growing tech startups to exit for the past 25 years. For the past 5 years Novastone has been pioneering in moving staff and client collaboration from a world of correspondence to a world of conversation.
What is it about FinTech that excited you?
- The opportunity to work with the new and established financial industry to improve access and quality of service is one that we find exciting. It's time to make financial services truly a service of value recognised as such by clients. Fintech is putting the client at the centre of banking once more.
What do you envisage being the biggest development in FinTech in the next 5 years?
- The blend of human and AI in providing a spectrum of relevant and timely service to clients.
What do you enjoy doing in your time away from work?
- Putting on my running shoes and heading out for a hour or so
What is the biggest change that you have witnessed in the sector over the past 12 months?
- Challenger banks are now truly gaining broader adoption by neglected client segments.
Who would be your top 3 dinner party guests and why?
- Robert Noyce - Founder and former CEO of Intel who was at the start and guided Intel through several rounds of successful expansion.
- Simon Sebag Montefiore - Historian for a perspective speckled with wit and stories from 2000 years of human endeavour.
- Lord Jonathan Sacks - To keep us on ethically even keel.