Citi Country Officer, UK; Cluster Head, UK, Jersey; CEO Citigroup Global Markets Limited
- Appointed to Citi Country Officer role in 2014 and Cluster Head, UK, Jersey and Israel in September 2019.
- Previously co-head of Corporate and Investment Banking for EMEA from 2009 to 2014. He has been with the firm for over 30 years and is a Senior Credit Officer.
- Prior to joining Citi, James worked as an engineer and in marketing for GKN plc.
- James is the Chairman and a Trustee of the Coggeshall Youth Project. He is also a deputy Chairman and a Trustee of the UK Career Ready charity and sits on the TeachFirst Business Leaders Council.
- James is the Chairman of the British Banking Association and member of TheCityUK Advisory Council. He is the chair of UK Finance Capital Markets and Wholesale Board and sits on The Financial Markets Standards Board Advisory Council. He is also a member of the UK Investment Council.
- James graduated with first class double honours degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Economics from the University of Birmingham and completed the Corporate Finance Programme at London Business School in 1988.