Innovate Finance and the Women in Finance Charter
The Women in Finance Charter is a scheme by HM Treasury which actively encourages financial services firms to enact change to promote gender diversity:
- Commits firms to supporting the progression of women into senior roles in the financial services sector
- Recognises the diversity of the sector and that firms will have different starting points
- Requires firms to publicly report on progress to deliver against these internal targets to support the transparency and accountability needed to drive change
(More from: HM Treasury Website Accessed December 2019)
Promoting diversity and inclusion are important priorities for Innovate Finance; it is why we launched our Diversity Programme in October last year and organised a new range of Women in FinTech initiatives for 2018/19.
Target for Innovate Finance:
We hope our participation in Charter inspires other organisations and individuals to take a pledge for greater gender parity. In doing so, we will inspire the next generation of female innovators and instil in industry a recognition of the benefits of diversity.
Our progress so far (December 2019):
Innovate Finance are proud signatories of the Women in Finance Charter since 2017. We are pleased to say that we have attained our target of at least 50% women in senior management positions. As an Industry Body, we actively encourage our members to participate in the Charter.
Since 2017, we have seen:
- 70% Female staff as total workforce
- Maintained 6 senior female managers
- Launched a new Women in FinTech programme
- Revitalised our annual Women in FinTech Powerlist to reflect the diversity of the roles in FinTech
- Ensured a minimum of 40% of speaker at our annual conference (IFGS) were female
For 2020 onwards, we aim to maintain gender diversity not only in our workforce but through our events and regular member meetups.